KUALA LUMPUR: "My wife brought back fried bihun (vermicelli) and fried eggs after attending a programme at a religious school in Sungai Cincin. We (the five of us) ate it," said a man known as Kamal, whose 17-year-old son died today, believed to be due to food poisoning.

Kamal said he, his wife and their son ate the fried eggs, while their two daughters only ate the fried bihun.

He said his son ate three fried eggs and shortly after that, the three of them began experiencing stomach pain until today.

"Today, I went to the clinic and thought my son was fine. When I returned home at noon, I was shocked because he had already passed away.

"I was told that the food was ordered by the organiser of the program," he told Harian Metro.

Meanwhile, the Selangor Islamic Religious Department (Jais) director Datuk Mohd Shahzihan Ahmad confirmed receiving reports regarding the food poisoning case.

He said the religious school in Sungai Cincin played host to the Amal Islami programme.

"However, no students from the school were involved in the food poisoning case.

"The claims involving two deaths (due to food poisoning) involved third party (outsiders)," he said.

Shahzihan said that Jais is still waiting for reports to confirm the incident.

It is learned that the police will issue a statement regarding the matter.